After a short stop over in Philly I arrived in Chinatown Washington D.C. to visit my cousin Stefan and his gorgeous wife Lina. The time has come to take a short brake, recharge my batteries and pick up my sore muscles from surfin. New York's busy city life catched me on the hop with it's noisy, smelly, adventurous, thrilling and glamorous life style.
Starting at the Smithsonian
Penn Quarter with it’s National Archives (on display are the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights), the Sculpture Garden of the National Art Gallery and the (really long going) National Mall with it’s many museums, the Washington Monument (white marble obelisk), Reflecting Pool and Lincoln Memorial (where Martin Luther K. delivered his ‘I have a dream’ speech from its steps before 200000people), I then ended at the White house and it’s National x-mas Tree, to go for a quick shop at Forever21. Enough for my first day in D.C.
Next day was spent to see the Union Square (used to be the biggest Railwaystaion in the world, with Beaux/Arts Structures) and the US Capitol where a police officer grabbed me to his side to take a pic and then went on with a political conversation about Austria, which. I had no idea what he was talking about… bla bla bla… politics ;-). Well, to get a really nice stunning view of historical buildings, I really can recommend the Jefferson Library building with it’s nice free exhibition.
To go green, I went to the Botanical Garden, and to eat, I went to the Eastern Markets (popular for it’s pancakes and crab cakes. it’s a really nice district). At night it was time to go out with Lina & Stefan to the Local 16 bar for a beer outdoors, where we met Peter, Harald and Andrew.
Today was meant to be another easy day in Georgetown? but ended up in a 7 hour ‘up/down hiking trip’ with Harald from Vienna… After trying some nice pralines and truffles, passing the nice views of Georgetown’s colourous, beautiful ‘mansions’, the Georgetown University (where parts of the Exorcist were filmed, also walked the Exorcist steps) and Oak HillCemetry, we had American burgers, ben&jerry’s IceCream as well as cookies. What a hot, sunny and sweaty day.
1 Kommentar:
nice pics sis!
Kommentar veröffentlichen